Monday, February 18, 2013

In Need of Spring

5 Simple Spring Decor Ideas

Are you in need of a little Spring?  I am!  Seattle had almost NO SNOW this winter- which makes me really sad- as I do enjoy having snowy days.  Winter is drawing to a close and everything is very green and showing small signs of life for this new year.  I'm going to help it come a little faster by incorporating some simple decor ideas for my home. These will only take a few minutes, and bring so much cheer!
I found 5 great ideas in the blog world to share with you.


1.  Spring Blossoms 

by The English Home- Clip a few stems of the bulbs you have popping up here and there and arrange them in unique dollar store or thrift store bud vases on a vintage mirror.  


2. Front Door Wreath

A wreath on the front door is a great way to welcome yourself home with a little cheer.  It sets my mood each time I enter my home to be greeted by a little bit of seasonal beauty.  The 36th AVENUE put together a great list of Spring Wreath Tutorials to share with you!


3. Non Traditional

Or.... Are you hoping for a little cheer on the door step but wanting to do something new and different this year?  I've been inspired by a couple adorable photos of "Umbrella Wreaths" on Pinterest- What do you think?!
Better Homes and Gardens gives some tips on how to make one yourself.



4.  Planted Rain Boots

tatortots & jello put together a blog post in 2011 with some super cute Spring Ideas and it includes one of my all time FAVORITES.  I have a fence along the backside of our yard that is in perfect view from our dinning room and kitchen windows- and I will gather rain boots from thrift stores to plant my Primroses in this week!  So fun!

5.  Spring Subway Art

I made this Cheery Subway Art for you to DOWNLOAD!  Click the image to be directed to the high resolution file.  You can save and print or upload to your favorite printer to have it done for you!  Take an unused 8x10 photo frame and spray paint it a bright color, place the subway art inside and you have a practically free piece of decor! Enjoy!

I hope these ideas will inspire you to take an hour this week and add a little spring decor to brighten up your home- until Spring really does come!

The 36th AVENUE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips