Thursday, June 13, 2013

Part 3- Rag Tie Wreath- 3 Quick Patriotic Handcrafts

My front door has been un-decorated for quite some time now... its been begging for a summer wreath.  The door was screaming "Give me some Red, White, and Blue!".

With SOOOOO many adorable patriotic wreath ideas on Pinterest it was hard to choose which direction to go with my wreath.  However, I've been having a lot of fun with "rag tie" projects lately, such as my Rag-Tie Bunting Banner and other custom orders I've had in my Etsy Shop lately, I decided it would be fun to try a rag tie wreath- in similar fashion as a tutu wreath.


My mom was over visiting from her Lavender Farm in Sequim, WA- so we got to make these together- and she had one to take home too.
We started off by cutting strips of fabric (2 inches wide and about 9 inches long.)


We cut Red, Blue and Burlap.  Then we cut the middle of the shrink plastic out of our straw wreaths my mom had for likely 20+ years and never did anything with.



Then we simply just started tying knots! 


 Mine had about 5 red strips in each red section, 2 burlap strips and a big section of blue.



And this is what it looked like after it was fully tied.  It needed something more- so I added some left over stars from my Starry Banner Handcraft.  And it turned out GREAT!





This concludes my 3 part blog series of 3 Quick Patriotic Handcrafts.  If you missed part 1 or 2 you can find them here:

I hope you'll take a few minutes and add some Patriotic Flare to your home for the coming holidays.  
Did you blog about a quick handcraft I can link up here?  Please leave me a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips